Virtual Tour for D Resort in Singapore
Interactive 360 Degree Virtual Tour for D Resort at Downtown East in Singapore. The Virtual Tour consists of 71 individual 360 points. The tour includes 12 room types including two suites, two bbq areas, 3 conference room types with one solemnisation and the lobby with rainforest plaza.
The concept of this project was to create the highest quality virtual tour of a hotel in Singapore. The standard rooms required around 30 minutes each to shoot. The full tour was shot over 3 full days. Each 360 degree image in the virtual tour was manually shot using the Sony A7R ii and Canon 8-15 fisheye lens for the highest quality imagery. There is a considerable amount of post production in each of the 360 degree images to create natural looking and compelling images which is part of my service.
Click here to view the virtual tour on Google Maps.
The Virtual Tour Project consists of 3 parts.
- A Google Business Views Virtual Tour which links to their Google+ Listing, Their Google Business Listing and to Google Maps.
- A Standalone Virtual Tour with a customised interface which includes a splash screen and logo with navigational elements which help the viewer navigate through the areas of the virtual tour.
- A Standalone Virtual Tour to be used on a dedicated webpage on the D Resort website.
A customised interface is essential for a tour of this size. Google’s standard Business Views Virtual Tour only allows for floors which does not show the viewer the room or area name. Without an interface with a navigation menu there is no logical way for the viewer to browse the many room types and areas of the hotel.
The Virtual Tour has 3 main interfaces:
- The first is a standalone virtual tour with a splash screen and hotel logo with navigation. The tour auto rotates and automatically moves to the next area after 30 seconds. There is also an info button which shows an integrated web page box which pops out to show the corresponding room type webpage from the client’s website. Link to the full interface version viewable on desktop: https://virtual-tour.chrisogrady.com/singapore/d-resort-singapore/virtual-tour.html
- The second interface is designed for integration on the client’s website. This simplified interface loses many redundant features for simplicity but keeps the important navigation menu.
- The third interface is designed for mobile devices. Because of the smaller screen size on mobile phones a simplified menu was used. The mobile interface includes a gyroscope feature which allows the viewer to control the view my moving the phone or tablet. Link to the mobile interface: https://virtual-tour.chrisogrady.com/singapore/d-resort-singapore/mobile/virtual-tour.html
Quality is absolutely everything to me; and it should be to hospitality clients. With the many low cost and low quality google business views virtual tours I provide a higher quality option with a more personalised service. I am the only independent professional photographer in Singapore who is certified by Google to create Google Business Views Virtual Tours. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss a virtual tour for your location.